LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) – Cole Puffinburger, who was abducted Wednesday in Las Vegas, Nevada, has been found safe, a police spokesman told CNN early Sunday.
Police say they have found Cole Puffinburger, who was abducted from his home on Wednesday.
According to the Associated Press, the 6-year-old was recovered at around 11:30 p.m. ET Saturday after a citizen informed detectives about a child walking the streets who matched Cole’s description.
Update 03-30-09: Nevada: Plea in Kidnapping Case
A man accused in the abduction of a 6-year-old Las Vegas boy last year has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to kidnap a child. The lawyer for the man, Jose Luis Lopez-Buelna, said he did not think the boy could identify his client. Mr. Lopez-Buelna, 48, and Luis Vega-Rubio, 36, abducted Cole Puffinburger on Oct. 15 to send a message to his grandfather, the authorities say.