She is no longer a person of interest but In what appears to be not very shocking news, Casey Anthony has been named a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee.
ORANGE COUNTY — The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has named Casey Anthony as a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter Caylee Anthony. However, no new charges have been filed.
According to Orange County Sheriff’s deputy Angelo Nieves, Anthony has been uncooperative, has lead investigators down the wrong path and lied to them. Nieves said Casey has not provided any credible information about the last time she saw Caylee or where the 3-year-old was left.
Video of Nancy Grace interview with Zenaida Gonzales
Update 04-1-09: State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case
NEW YORK (CNN) — In a dramatic reversal, the Florida state attorney’s office announced Monday it will seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, the 23-year-old woman charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
The state had previously said it would not ask for the death sentence for Anthony.
The development could have a major impact on how the case plays out at trial, including whether defense attorney Jose Baez can stay on the case.
Baez has not been certified by the court to defend capital punishment cases.