Have you noticed the recent change at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children regarding AMBER Alerts? After 10 days the missing child will no longer be listed on the active AMBER Alert page but instead will be removed and if they remain missing join the list of the other 2502 missing children listed at the site. Will the 10 day period restart if it is activated in another State should the abduction involve crossing State lines?
Posts Tagged ‘abfucted’
Missing Children Statistics“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day
In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year
Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
Missing children prevention
Missing Persons Maps
Jessica Lunsford Act
Ask yourselfWhat would you do if your child went missing?
Would you have the needed critical information immediately available?
Would you have current poster quality photos with you to distribute?
If you were traveling, on vacation or visiting friends would you, in a moment of panic and stress, be able to retrieve vital information to aid in search efforts?
Most Viewed Posts (past 48 hours)
June 2013 S M T W T F S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Endangered Missing: LEVON WAMELING (NY)
- Endangered Missing: MADALEEN AYOUB (FL)
- Endangered Missing: IBRAHEEM AYOUB (FL)
- Endangered Missing: YASMIN AYOUB (FL)
- Missing: HANNAH SHAW (NC)
- Missing: HAILEY SHAW (NC)
- Endangered Runaway: QUINTIN HICKS (NV)
- Endangered Runaway: DAELYNN CASTRO (TX)
- Missing: DRE'CAL HENDERSON (FL)
- Endangered Missing: ELAINA STEINFURTH (OH)